Every GONOW electric bicycle comes with a 2-year/10,000-kilometre warranty against manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship on its frame, battery, motor, controller, and display.
This warranty applies only to the original registered owner of the GONOW bicycle and is not transferable. This limited warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear, malfunctions, or failures due to abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, accidents, or other improper use.
It is important that you register your new bicycle within 30 days after purchase in order to activate the warranty and provide a record of the serial number of your bike.
TO ACTIVATE YOUR NEW GONOW ELECTRIC BICYCLE WARRANTY, PLEASE REGISTER YOUR BIKE HERE.
TERMS OF THE WARRANTY
For your reference, we’ve outlined the terms of the comprehensive warranty below:
- Frame, Display, Controller, and Motor Assembly – are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of twenty-four (24) months or 10,000 kilometres (whichever comes first) from purchase. After any warranty period has elapsed, you may purchase spare and replacement parts by contacting us.
- Original Batteries – are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of 24 months from the date of purchase as follows: full replacement during the first 12 months, while replacements needed during months 13-24 are prorated as per this schedule.
- Replacement Batteries (if provided) – are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of 1 year from delivery.
- Other Components – are warranted by the individual manufacturers as follows:
- Shimano Gear-set – 2 years
- Suspension forks – 12 months
- Wheels – 12 months
Please note that while every effort is made to provide our customers with a superb shopping experience, issues sometimes can arise during shipping. If any parts happen to be damaged during shipping, GONOW will send a replacement part at our expense and will work with you or the bike shop of your choice to fix the issue.
For warranty issues, GONOW will cover the cost of labor involved handling the warranty service within the 30-day period after purchase. To receive this service, the customer should contact GONOW directly, and we will make the necessary arrangements. If a part or component is faulty, email contact is preferred, along with a video or photo of the faulty part.
After the 30-day free repair labor period, the owner will be responsible for labor costs associated with warranty replacements.
For any parts under warranty that will need to be replaced within the 24-month time frame, GONOW will cover the cost of regular ground freight to the customer.
Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the above warranty, or any implied warranty, is limited to the replacement of defective components and parts with those of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of GONOW. Unless within the free 30-day repair labour period, the customer is responsible for labour costs associated with warranty replacements.
In no event shall GONOW be responsible for direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory.
The above warranty, or any implied warranty, does not cover normal wear and tear. All warranties are void if the electric vehicle is used for other than normal activities, or outside of recommended parameters including but not limited to exceeding the maximum recommended rider weight of 100-135 kg. (depending on the model), failing to follow the owner’s manual or using the electric vehicle for commercial activities or in competitive events, and training for such activities or events.
GONOW makes no other warranties, express or implied. All implied warranties, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to that of the express warranties stated above.